Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Bullet Jumping - Neo Style

Update:

I think Aakif Aslam is correct, I think this has been nerfed. :-(

Pro-Tip Probably Straight Out Of The Matrix Movie

Have you played around with jumping over bullets? I believe this little "hack" still works. In theory your bot can move directly towards a bullet that is coming at you. If you time it correctly you will never collide with it. You could stride right over it and never take damage.

The major downside is that often so many bullets come in a row you don't have space to land between them. So you are going to have to look ahead as far as you can. Tough to pull off but when bullets aren't flying continuously at you this could be helpful.

Countering Neo

Wait. Why am I using Matrix references? There was a really horrible movie called Jumpers or something like that where people could think of another place and teleport there. Ok, surly, that would have been better but I'm already committed to this mistake so deal with it. That's right, I said deal.

Haha, I did have a point I guess I should get back to that. Ok, so if you want to counter the Jumpers, I mean the Neos, then think about placing your bullets one after another timed so that if Neo isn't looking far enough ahead he will always get hit by that trailing bullet. Pretty easy to do because it's what most players would already be doing in general even if not for this specific purpose.